Footage of surprise Friday the 13th Lake Effect Snowfall accumulation near Sherman, NY. Heavy lake effect snow bands developed off Lake Erie and dropped 2-3 inches of snow around Sherman, NY despite temperatures above freezing at the surface. Snow was falling much quicker than it could melt causing dangerous driving conditions.
All footage shot in/near Sherman and Maryville, NY on November 13, 2015 during late afternoon and evening (daylight and darkness).
1 & 2. POV driving shots of snow-covered Interstate 86 with traffic near Sherman, NY
3. pushed-in shot of snow falling and accumulating with traffic driving by near Sherman, NY
4 & 5. POV driving shots of snow-covered I-86, grass, and trees with traffic with heavy snow falling near Sherman, NY
6. pushed-in shot of snow falling with traffic and snow on cars
7. pushed-in shot of snow plow driving down street in Maryville, NY
8. pushed-in shot of pedestrian walking down icy sidewalk with snow falling in Maryville, NY
9-11. various shots of menacing edge of heavy lake effect snow band coming off Lake Erie
12. pushed-in shot of snow pellets falling and accumulating from heavy lake effect snow band
13. pushed-in shot of snow pellets falling with traffic
14. pushed-in shot of stranded car in median of I-86 with police assistance after sliding off highway during heavy snow
15 & 16. shots of snow falling next to street light