Kansas City has been in a Winter Weather Advisory since 3am on Friday, January, 31, 2014. This advisory cautioned about the potential for freezing rain and drizzle. The city experienced this after sunset. The temperature has stayed in the low 20s throughout the evening and on Interstate 435 East and West Bound the slick road overtook a handful of cars and trucks within a 3-5 miles stretch. The worst wreck partially shut down West Bound Interstate 435.
1. Driving shot of an interstate sign informing about an accident a few miles ahead on Interstate 435 west bound
2. Driving shot approaching the accident warned on the interstate sign with a truck with a flashing arrow telling drivers to merge right. You can see one of the cars stopped sideways in the left lane of the interstate
3. Close zoomed out driving shot of the white car that was involved in the accident sitting sideways with the front end of the car smashed up along with another car sitting on a flatbed tow truck.
4. Close up shot of one of the cars involved in the partial interstate shutdown with road crews, Fire Fighters, and an EMT walking to the other side of the car.
5. Close up view of the car on the bed of the tow truck
6. Close shot of Fire Fighters and road crews walking around a crunched vehicle.
7. Wide shot of Interstate 435 West Bound partially shot down with ambulances, police vehicles, fire trucks in the road.
8. Zoomed out wide shot of Interstate 435 West Bound partially shot down with ambulances, police vehicles, fire trucks in the road with traffic moving at a slow pace.
9. Close up shot of the white car sitting sideways in the left lane of Interstate 435 looking east with crews walking around and the flat bed tow truck backing up towards the car.
10. Medium shot of the white car surrounded by fire trucks and fire fighters in the west bound lanes of Interstate 435
11. Close up shot of fire fighters checking the inside of the white car that is sitting sideways in the left lane of the west bound Interstate 435 with a zoomed out shot of the overall scene.
12. Driving shot of a road sign warning drivers to use caution on the roads due to the possibility of black ice heading south on Interstate 29 towards North Kansas City, Missouri
13. Multiple car wreck on Interstate 435 not related to the previous wreck in the video
14. Driving shot of a red car that looks to have spun out and hit the concrete median on the west bound lane of Interstate 435
15. Close up shot of a car on a flat bed tow truck being removed from the scene of an accident on the off ramp
16. Driving shot of an SUV with the front of it smashed into the concrete median on East Bound Interstate 435