The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office in Florida is warning residents of a potential levee breach of the Hidden River Levee. The County’s automated alert system warned residents Saturday morning just after 3:00 a.m. local time of a possible levee break in the Hidden River/Myakka Valley area.
Footage of the Myakka River flooding homes on Hidden River road as the levee is compromised near Myakka City Florida. Flooding from torrential rains caused by Hurricane Ian caused the Myakka River to overflow its banks and a levee that boarders hidden river road on Saturday. The Myakka river is infested with alligators in this region near Myakka City in Sarasota County FL. Aerial and ground video of homes flooded by alligator infested river water.
1,2) Two aerial shots of flooded home and out building.
3) Ground shot of flooded home.
4) Aerial shot of flooded home.
5) Ground shot of flooded home.
6) Boats residents are using to get to their houses.
7) Boat moored at mailbox in flood water.
8) Wide shot of flooded home.
9) Tight shot of flood waters at front doors of home.
10) Flood waters high on garage door of home.
11) Alligator infested flood water from Myakka River.
12) Aerial descending shot of flooded home and out building.
13) Aerial tilt up shot showing flooded Hidden River Rd.
14) Aerial traveling shot down Myakka Rd showing water over road warning sign.
15) Aerial tilt up shot showing flooded Myakka Rd looking south over Myakka River.
16) People with vehicles and trailered boats in flooded Myakka Rd.
SID: Brian Dombrowski