Raw footage of Category 4 Hurricane Ida as it impacted the small town of Mathews, LA, with heavy rain and wind gusts well in excess of 120 mph. Numerous power lines and trees were downed, and many homes and businesses sustained significant damage. Includes footage from the eyewalls and calm eye of Ida.
1-2. Trees blown by increasing, tropical-storm force winds in Mathews.
3. Trees blowing in the wind and debris flying across the road.
4. Road sign nearly falling off its pole due to strong winds.
5. Business signage coming apart due to impacts from debris and strong winds.
6. Flying debris impacts the signage of a business, causing lettering to break off.
7. Strong winds and heavy, sideways rain curtains.
8. Trees bent over in strong winds.
9. Large tree falls onto a house in Mathews.
10. Billboard blown over into the road in Mathews.
11. Power pole snapped in half next to a business.
12. Strong winds cause a light pole to rock back and forth.
13. Strong winds and heavy, sideways rain curtains cause decreased visibility.
14. Strong winds and heavy, sideways rain curtains buffet the front of a strip mall.
15. Strong winds cause tree debris to coat the road.
16. Strong winds and heavy, sideways rain curtains.
17. Sheet metal from the roof of a building goes airborne due to strong winds.
18-19. GoPro and zoomed-in footage of sheet metal flying off of the roof of a building.
20. Strong winds and heavy, sideways rain causes very low visibility and street signs to sway violently.
21. Low-level clouds race by overhead as winds gust to hurricane force at the surface.
22. Strong winds and heavy, sideways rain causes very low visibility.
23. Strong winds and heavy rain buffet the Mathews water tower.
24. Strong winds and heavy rain buffet the local hospital.
25. Billboard signage ripped from its supports flies like a flag in the wind.
26. Damage to the roof of a hotel.
27-29. GoPro and video camera footage of a strong wind gusts buffeting a gas station, causing PVC pipe to fly off the roof.
31-34. Strong winds and heavy rain buffet buildings and trees surrounding a bank in Mathews.
35-38. A house’s carport gets ripped apart in high winds.
39. Strong winds and heavy rain.
40. Storm chaser attempts to stand up against the force of the wind.
41. Strong winds and heavy rain.
42. Palm trees blowing in the strong winds.
43-48. Wind gusts in excess of 120 mph within the inner eyewall of Ida.
49-59. Various shots of damage around Mathews in the calm eye of Ida, including a destroyed gas station, snapped trees and power lines, and several buildings with significant structural damage.
60-64. Strong winds from the back eyewall, now blowing from the west.
65-68. Various shots of debris flying through the air in a hotel parking lot.
SID: Trey Greenwood