Footage of electrical powerline explosions, hurricane-force wind blowing trees and neighborhoods, wind damage, and storm surge from Hurricane Matthew.
All footage shot during early morning hours (daylight and darkness) in/near Cape Canaveral, FL on October 7, 2016 by Meteorologist Simon Brewer.
1-3. Various shots of hurricane force winds blasting trees and houses in Cape Canaveral, FL
5-13. Various close shots of electrical explosions, also called powerflashes, from high winds in Cape Canaveral
14. wide shot looking into rain blowing at photographer by high winds
15. wide shot of trees blowing in highwinds
16. powerline blowing in wind with dark clouds racing overhead
17. shot of palm tree downed by high winds across and blocking road
18-20. Various shots of waves and storm surge coming from Bay into Cape Canaveral
21-24. Various shots of damaged roofs from high winds
25. highway sign on highway blown over by high winds
26-29. Various shots of high winds hammering Cape Canaveral
30. shot of storm surge rising in bay behind Cape Canaveral
31 & 32. Shots of high winds blowing palm trees