Footage of several tornadoes near Creston and Bedford, Iowa. Shots of high wind damage, a dramatic lightning strike, and hail-covered roadway.
This was considered a coldcore tornado outbreak across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. A coldcore tornado outbreak involves an upper-level low pressure with very cold temperatures aloft.
All footage shot during afternoon daylight on April 27, 2016 near Creston and Bedford, Iowa.
1. Shot of two tornadoes, one a large multivortex, near Creston, IA
2. Shot of a large multivortex tornado approaching Creston, IA
3 & 4. Driving POV shots of a cone tornado near Bedford, IA
5. pushed-in shot of 2 tornadoes, a larger parent cone tornado with a satellite rope tornado, near Bedford, IA
6. TIMELAPSE of 2 tornadoes down near Bedford, IA
7. shot of 2 tornadoes near Bedford, IA
8 & 9. TIMELAPSES of cone funnel cloud with wall cloud near Bedford, IA
10. POV shot of a large cone tornado next to road near Bedford, IA
11. shot of damaged trampoline tossed next to highway from a neighborhood in Creston, IA
12. shot of a snapped mature cedar tree south of Creston IA (possible tornado or RFD wind damage)
13 & 14. shot of dramatic lightning strike & "slow motion shot" from tornadic supercell near Creston, IA
15. POV driving shot of hail-covered road near Creston, IA