Kansas City, Missouri was graced with another Wind Chill Advisory from the latest cold blast from Canada on Thursday, January 23, 2014. The temperatures looked to have stayed a few degrees above freezing but once the wind chill was factored in it felt like -20 below at times. Around 730a the Commerce Bank time and temp read 2 degrees but just a few miles away on State Line Rd. on the Kansas side the temp read Zero around 830a. According to the National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill the recording at the Kansas City Downtown Airport between 7a and 9a ranged between 3 degrees and 4 degrees with the lowest temp hitting 2 degrees at 754a with a -10 dew point, and Wind Chill of -13 with a 10 mph wind direction of NW. Between these hours of 7a and 830a there were people waiting for the bus in Downtown along with a small family of three walking through Downtown trying to keep the youngest warm.
1. Wide angle shot of the Commerce Bank time and temperature with Downtown Kansas City in the background and the intersection of Interstate 70 / Highway 71 / Interstate 35 with traffic headed south. The banks rotating time and temp stopped rotated just before this shot was taken
2. Close up angle shot of the Commerce Bank time and temperature with Downtown Kansas City in the background. The banks rotating time and temp stopped rotated just before this shot was taken
3. Close up shot of a storm drain in Downtown Kansas City that was putting out steam from the warm water and sewage underground and it freezing around the metal grate and curb area
4. Close up shot of a group of people moving around while waiting for the bus in Downtown Kansas City
5. Wide angle shot of a family of three walking down the sidewalk in Downtown Kansas City. The dad is has his daughter in his arms to keep her warm as they walk.
6. Medium shot of a family of three on a sidewalk in Downtown Kansas City. The dad puts his daughter on the ground so that she can walk and he puts his scarf back over his face to keep himself warm.
7. Medium shot of a family of three on a sidewalk in Downtown Kansas City walking across the street.
8. Wide shot of the family of three waiting for another walk light so that they can cross another street. The mother pulls the daughters hoodie over her head and covers her face with her scarf to block it from the wind.
9. Wide shot of another Commerce Bank time and temp reading with a flag in the background on the Kansas side of State Line Rd in the Westport/West Plaza area.
10. Medium shot of another Commerce Bank time and temp reading with a flag in the background on the Kansas side of State Line Rd in the Westport/West Plaza area.
11. Medium shot of four flags blowing in the wind in Kansas City, Missouri
To license this footage, visit http://www.StormChasingVideo.com