Ice Breaking Operations involving the United States Coast Guard and vessels from the Great Lakes Merchant Fleet on Northern Lake Michigan in the Straits of Mackinac.
All freighters in the area were beset or stuck for at least 24 hours until ice breaking operations could get underway.
Video ends with footage of the ship underway and transiting under the Mackinac Bridge and sailing by Mackinac Island, MI.
1) Cutter Katmai Bay breaking ice ahead of Paul R Tregurtha (largest ship on Great Lakes).
2) Katmai Bay bubbler system assisting it through ice.
3) Katmai Bay approaching PRT to assist freeing it from ice pack.
4) Same but wider angle.
5) Same but tighter shot.
6) Katmai Bay bubbler system assisting it through ice.
7) PRT plowing through ice.
8) USCG Katmai Bay passing our bow in heavy ice.
9) Zoom in of Katmai Bay bubbler system assisting it through ice.
10) Katmai Bay leading into the track.
11) Bow plowing throough ice field.
12) Looking back toward stern and then panning ice field.
13) Looking over bow toward path through ice field.
14-18) Various Clips sailing under the Mackinac Bridge in ice.
19) Mackinac Island views
SID: Eric Treece