Kansas City finally received much needed rain on the evening of Thursday, September 19, 2013.
KC was included in the lower part of the Storm Prediction Centers Slight Risk for the day. There was a line of storms that formed early in the after and around 5p/6p Kansas City started to see a little of that. The rain came in and hit hard with high winds and a downpour. Between 6p-9p there was an estimated 2"-3" that had fallen causing the metro area and surrounding areas to be put in an Areal Flood Advisory which turned into a Flash Flood Warning.
1. Wide ange of downtown KC with the front edge of the storm heading over the city from the north on Hwy 9
2. Wide angle of Downtown KC after the leading edge of the line hit causing heavy rain, high winds, and poor visibility
3. Closer view of downtown KC after the leading edge of the line hit causing heavy rain, high winds, and poor visibility
4. Close up angle of a downtown KC street with the high winds pushing the rains towards the south in curtains
5. Overall view of the Power and Light District of Downtown Kansas City
6. Close up view of a manhole cover over topping with water and looking as if it is going to shoot into the air as the rain continues to come down
7. Close up view of a manhole cover over topping with water and running down the street. With this view it seems to appear that the water is taller than it appears.
8. Wide angle shot of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts with heavy rain at dusk
9. medium angle shot of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts with heavy rain at dusk with a person walking down the side walk
10. A pulled back angle of the manhole cover as the camera is pulled away to show an overall view
11. Driving through Midtown Kansas City by the Western Auto building and driving through a large area of street flooding
12. Wide and medium angles of multiple cars either stopped in the middle of a large area of street flooding or driving through creating large splashes
13. Close up and medium views of cars driving through an large area of street flooding or driving through creating large splashes
14. Close up and medium views of cars driving through an large area of street flooding or driving through creating large splashes
15. Close up angle while panning with a Taxi cab as it drives slowly through a large area of street flooding
16. Medium angle of a minivan driving through a large area of street flooding
17. Medium angle of a crown of people standing and walking to the Alamo for an event in the pouring rain
18. Medium angle of a couple and a girl with umbrellas standing at a street light waiting for traffic so they can walk across the street in the pouring rain
19. Medium angle of a downtown street lined with cars with a valet man in the middle of heavy rain and traffic
20. Wide angle view of The Country Club Plaza next to the overflowing Brush Creek
To license this footage, visit http://www.StormChasingVideo.com